Having a properly designed and executed training program is KEY to delivering the results you expect at The Athlete Factory.
Each athlete that comes into our gym goes through a 5 Step Process of program design with our coaches. This process guarantees that each athlete has a program specifically designed for their goals and their training level.
5 Steps to Program Design:
1. Set Goals: In order to know where to start with an athlete we must know where they want to go. Each athlete sets goals in their initial evaluation in our program. These goals often include making a team, earning a scholarship etc. We then take this goal and find out what physical tools will they need to develop to reach this goal? Examples are gaining weight, getting faster or increasing strength.
2. Athlete Evaluation: Our 2 Part athlete evaluation provides us with a structural assessment of each athlete and baseline physical numbers for us to work from. Each athletes assessment numbers are recorded and tracked to ensure that we are making progress within our program.
3. Identify Starting Point: Based on the athletes Goals, Structural assessment, age and training experience our coaches will identify where each athlete should start in our program. This is a crucial step to our success as we want to make sure we are laying a foundation for future success in our program.
4. Train Foundational Patterns: Each athlete in our program will Squat, hinge, push, pull, sprint and jump. These fundamental patterns directly impact performance and are the foundation for success. Based upon steps 1-3 how these movements are trained can differ to match each athletes demands and training level.
5. Progression: As our athletes train more within our program they will follow a path of progression to increase performance. Progressions in our program are earned by the athlete mastering a movement or exercise before moving onto the next one. This guarantees that athletes are constantly improving while training in a safe and effective environment.